IAM Assessment: For Effective IAM Implementation
Security professionals are well aware of the fact that…
… providing user security and access control manually is a time-consuming and challenging process.
To avoid such a process, organizations are turning towards IAM.
Along with this, organizations should also conduct periodic IAM assessments, which helps to get the best out of the IAM solution (IAM maturity).
Let’s discuss more about this IAM assessment, here in this blog.
Don’t have time to read this blog right now? Just download the PDF version & read it when it’s convenient for you – Download Now
What is IAM Assessment?
This is a process of evaluating the organization’s identity, security, and governance landscape.
It analyzes and assesses the current state of identity and access management, identifies the gaps, helps in creating an IAM strategy, and a proper roadmap for improving the overall IAM solution.
This helps to determine the efficiency of the existing IAM system and its associated processes.
Benefits of Implementing IAM Assessment:
- Helps organizations to gain strategic direction and learn the essential measures and best practices to strengthen the IAM system for future threats
- Assures organization-wide adoption of compliance policies & security practices
- Identifies the key problems (or) challenges that an organization is having and the ways to solve them
- Helps in prioritizing high-value resources that can have a greater impact on the business
- Reduces the risks associated with data breaches and cyber threats
- Helps to create better security and management by changing the identity ecosystem. It includes the approach towards securing remote workspace, preventing hybrid or cloud app usage, use of legacy systems, and on-premise security techniques and platforms
Why IAM Assessment is Required?
According to Verizon data breach report, 81% of data breaches are caused by stolen, weak or default passwords.
To avoid such breaches, assessing the IAM after a certain period (at regular intervals) is a must and it should be the organization’s top priority.
It stimulates your IAM system to provide better security, boosts your business productivity and helps in modernizing various IAM objectives and operations like:
- Processes and policies
- Checking identity repositories
- Program governance
- Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) and Authorization
- Remote access
- Proper implementation of multi-factor authentication (MFA)
- User Provisioning and De-Provisioning
- Checking for federated SSO working
- Privileged Account Management (PAM)
- Cloud/SaaS identity management
- Self-Service and plan remediation to minimize any critical concerns
With the help of IAM assessment, organizations can seamlessly identify the loopholes and vulnerabilities in the existing IAM system.
This helps organizations to leverage and implement various comprehensive features of IAM more effectively and efficiently.
Get in touch with our expert – Schedule your IAM Assessment